Porting allows you to bring your phone number from your current carrier over to Reach Mobile.
How long will it take for your number to port?
Porting tends to be a quick process. If porting from a main carrier (like Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T), the process normally takes between five minutes and two hours. Some carriers do take a lot longer to port:
- Comcast: 3-5 business days
- Google Voice: 5-7 business days
- Republic Wireless: Up to 7 business days
- Net10: 7-10 business days (if a mobile number) and up to 30 days (if a landline)
- Spectrum Mobile: 4-7 business days
During this porting time, it’s helpful to have WiFi access and your SIM in hand. Once the port is successful, your phone number will move from your current carrier SIM to your Reach SIM. Once the port is complete, you will receive notifications letting you know that it's time to pop in your Reach SIM.
When should I cancel my service?
You should only cancel your service AFTER you are live on Reach. If you cancel your service prior to becoming live on Reach, your phone number will be gone forever :(