We can't guarantee that voicemails will transfer between carriers. You will not lose any texts, nor pictures… but you know how fickle technology can be.
It’s always a good idea to backup your phone before switching.
To backup your voicemails on an iPhone*:
- Open the Phone app
- Tap “Voicemail”
- Tap the message you want to save, then tap the Share icon (Sharing a voicemail this way won’t delete it from you voicemail storage)
- From here you have several potential ways to save the file:
- “Notes” lets you save the file as a new note or add to an existing one
- “Voice memo” will save an audio file to your phone that can be edited in the Voice Memo app and automatically backed up to iTunes.
- “Message” and “Mail” will send the file as an MP3 over SMS or email
- “Airdrop” will lets you share the file as an MP3 wirelessly to other devices within range
To backup your voicemails on an Android*:
- Open your voicemail app
- Tap (or in some cases, tap and hold) the message you want to save
- Tap the appropriate option for your app. Some options may look like:
- Save to phone
- Backup the saved voicemails to your cloud storage service of choice and download a copy to physical storage like an HDD, SD card, or USB flash memory for extra safe keeping.
*The source of this information can be found here!
If you find there is an issue with your information, contact us here on the chat app or give us a call at 844.445.3665.