Below you'll find the average data usage for streaming audio and video. We also included a handy formula for calculating your streaming usage.
- Low-quality is typically 96kbps. On average, low-quality audio streaming uses 0.72MB per minute or 43.2MB per hour.
- Normal-quality is typically 160kbps. On average, normal-quality music streaming uses 1.20MB per minute or 72MB per hour on average.
- High-quality music is typically 320kbps. On average, high-quality streaming music uses 2.40MB per minute or 115.2MB per hour on average.
- Low-quality video is very low-quality. think 240p or 320p. Low-quality settings will use about 0.3GB (300MB) per hour.
- Standard definition quality video is standard 480p video. SD-quality video uses about 0.7GB (700MB) per hour.
- High definition quality video is between 720p and 2K (remember, the app adjusts the stream). HD-quality video uses about 0.9GB (720p), 1.5GB (1080p) and 3GB (2K) per hour.
- Ultra high definition quality video uses a lot of data. A 4K stream uses about 7.2GB per hour.
Based on how many hours per month of audio you listen, you can pick the right plan. For example, let's say you listen to one hour of normal quality audio every day:
30 * 72 = 2160 MB = ~ 2.1GB
In this case, you can select The Basic (3GB) plan with Reach.